Tuesday, October 8, 2013

KL Week in Review: Week 1 (also, waking the blog)

Welcome to the first full week of the Keeper League.

Last year was a weird, short, scary one, and things didn't really ever feel normal. To celebrate turning the corner on a new CBA, I've decided to resurrect this blog for announcements, commentary, etc.

If you have a google account, you can create your own posts, comment, etc. I encourage you to do so as it was a lot of fun like 2.5-3 years ago (holy fuck time flies).




Who's numbers are overinflated?

In short, damn near everybody has one or two guys on pace for ridiculous point totals. That is not surprising given the sample size. 

That said, a few teams stick out:

The Winter Claassics. Despite a fairly good draft and a suprisingly well-rounded team, the Claassics are the beneficiaries of some early-season scoring bumps from Lars Eller (currently on pace for 205 points), Mike Green (on pace for 109), Brian Gionta (on pace for 82), among others. Simply put, this is a pretty good team, but it is not THAT good. 

Who's numbers are underinflated?
The Milan Micahleks. This team is not a 15th place team. Looking at the projected point totals, the Micahleks have very few outliers (Vrbata is NOT getting 123 points this year) but the rest are at least plausible (St. Louis could well get 82 this year, Legwand is good for 41.) Not having any points from two D spots hurts.
Who's numbers are where they should be?
 
Stay tuned for my projections. Suprisingly, many of the teams are within a position or two of where I expect them to be in the end. 

Commissioners thoughts

How long before someone picks up Mason Raymond?

5 comments:

  1. Greg were you winning on the very first day? I forgot to check but I know you've been winning since. It would be impressive if you kept it up all year. Impressive and demoralizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been winning since day one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would Dave Claassen take side bets that MayRay will outscore Martin Erat from now till the end of the year? [he will].

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dare you! I knew Lars Eller would score 200 points this year, and it was all part of my master plan. Also, this is the year that Mike Green remembers he used to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to remind everyone that I started in Year 1 from last place, and glacially crawled to number 1. There was no spike and then back down to 6th and up again. I just got shitfaced in Australia while my team crawled through the shitpile point by point. Not saying that's happpening for me this year...but is someone gets injuries and someone stays healthy, it could happen.

    ReplyDelete