Monday, March 30, 2015

MRKL on Ice: March Part 1 - History Will Be Made

We're coming down to the wire, and as of the end of this month, there will be 81 games remaining across the entire NHL. Appropriately, that's just about an entire season's worth for one team, except here they're spread among all teams; there is not much time to make up ground.

I thought I would try to capture some of the feelings of disappointment, regret, frustration, and even fleeting hope that is still slipping away from some of you through a short digital video production, to which you've all been tipped off by now.

I want to thank you guys for the stellar videography most of you were able to throw together on short notice for this whimsical project. Among the many things I learned were: the GM of the Dicklas Lidstroms is fluent in German, GM of the Powder Rangers might have been sampled on a Missy Elliott hit single, and the GM of the Schizzarks looks remarkably similar moving forward through time as he does in reverse. You'll see what I mean in a minute. Also, I luckily had some stock footage for the three GMs that I grew impatient with, so I decided to go ahead and throw this together.

I begin by posing the question: What if we didn't allow trades in the KCKL? To view the hypothetical standings as of the morning of March 30th, 2015, scroll to the bottom of this post. I encourage you to watch the video before you do that, however.





>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Standings as of March 30, 2015 if original rosters post 2014 draft had been left untouched:







No comments:

Post a Comment