Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Altruistic Post

Well, to balance out my "self-serving" last post, here is a post that will not at all reference my own team. Also, my deepest apologies to Dave Claassen offensive post the other day. I should have emailed everyone individually.

I am charged with the task of unpacking two add/drops.

First, Fy "I have an idea" Virani drops Zack Boychuk to pick up hometown hero Clarke MacArthur. Before this year, MacArthur was most famous for playing for de facto AHL affiliate Atlanta Thrashers and sporting two legitimate last names. Now that he plays in the Centre of the [Hockey] Universe, he's being touted as the second coming of Alexander Steen. The most perplexing aspect of this change is that it wasn't done sooner - Zack was sent to the newly minted Charlotte Checkers of the AHL on September 29.

Then, Dickie swapped aging defencemen, dropping perennial Swede Matthias Ohlund for perennially misspelled Michal Rozsival. This is a great under-the-radar pickup. And I'm only a little bit pissed that I missed it, seeing as how I just advertised that I wanted an upgrade on defence. Maybe I should have looked into the free agent pool for a defenceman playing 25 minutes a night and quarterbacking a powerplay featuring Marian Gaborik and the other other Staal.

Sorry Dave, I mentioned my team again at the end there. That's on me.

4 comments:

  1. To be fair to Dave, I think he was only responding to my comment about your post being self-serving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Micah said. I think if you read my comments, it is pretty obvious that I loved your post to the point where I wanted to be able to make similar ones. The more discussion the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joke Dave! I know Micah is the real asshole here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh okay. I was just very confused when you shouted me out in this one. I could read 20,000 words a day analyzing our draft. God knows its better than noting up 5,000 cases in a row.

    ReplyDelete