Sunday, March 27, 2011

KL Week in Review: Week 24



The J-Krugars are absolutely running away with it with just two weeks and a day left (regular season ends with four games on April 10).

Krugars' goaltender Ryan Miller earned 16 points last week (three wins, two shutouts), more than the Wittmen's entire team. The Wittmen's poor performance allowed the Schizzarks to sneak into second. The Teeyotes hold down the final winning spot.

The Fylanders came out of nowhere to sneak into fifth place on a whopping 50 point week, including six from Zdeno Chara. The Fylanders have quietly had the best March, after the Krugars. Fourteen points out of fourth, they could certainly challenge for a winning spot.

3 comments:

  1. I just wrote a huge post and then it got erased some how.

    I will summarize in a far less detailed and reasoned fashion.

    1 - I still fear Schizzarks. I came a long way in the last 2 weeks. They could do the same in these last 2, especially if I slump.

    2 - Shut Out 5 point bonus is too much. Luongo, Fleury and Howard are examples of goalies with high win totals that look undervalued in this pool when compared to other goalies with high SO totals. These goalies have more wins than other goalies who are ahead of them by 25 to 30+ points. That many points could mean 3 positions in the pool. Seems like a lot of a difference just for having less shut outs in a year, after all that work of drafting a solid core of forwards and D. I support a bonus, but 5 seems like a lot. Maybe 3?

    3 - As for drastic changes to the # on the SR, or how many players we keep, I think there shouldn't be big changes until after next season, which is our first season in the "keeper" era of the league. But, I'm open to tweaks if there is strong support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on all counts. Mainly because I feel I should be in 1st but the S/O numbers have cost me. Forget about 4th. I'd rather come 10th as long as I beat Stefan and don't have to buy him a steak dinner... (remember buddy still a $40 value)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I also say, that it will be an interesting analysis at season's end to see how people would have done if everyone played equal man games and had their season end PPG. Certainly Dicklas Lidstroms would be challenging me for first right now.

    ReplyDelete