Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ten Weeks

It's been ten weeks. I wanted to see who was climbing the ranks, who was falling, who was consistent, and who was all over the place. Fifteen lines on a graph is difficult to comprehend, so I clustered them into several graphs. Each compares two or three teams and their rank at the end of each week.

The first one I call "Like Looking in a Mirror":




The next one I call "All Over the Map"; or "A Child Printing 'W's":




This is my personal favourite. I call it "Wall Street 1929"; or "Men's Synchronized Dive Team":



This one is simply called "Contenders":



"Hockey Stick and Distant Mountain Range"



Here we have "The Long Road to the Top"; or "Reason for Hope":



Finally, I call this one "When Two ECGs Meet in the Night"; or "Bromance in the Pool"


5 comments:

  1. Things I forgot to mention about these graphs:

    1. They don't take into account fluctuations within weeks, which can be pretty large.
    2. But at least I have been consistent in measuring every Sunday as the reference point.
    3. Only three GMs have never been in the bottom half of the pool - Stefan, Fy and K-Blat
    4. The top four GMs from week one are also the top four from week ten (Stefan, me, G-Phil, K-Blat).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been completely uninvolved in any aspect of this pool since draft day, and now that I am back home from my trip laying on the couch and waiting to fly to NYC, I am reading every post on here.

    I have thoroughly enjoyed, but let me just say that this post had me tearing up with laughter as I sit in my big empty house with potato chip crumbs on my bathrobe.

    Well played sir, very well played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an enormous dick, J-Kru. Last overall pick. Zero draft preparation. Zero free agent pickups. Zero trades. It would be humbling for all of us if you won. A little too humbling.

    ReplyDelete