Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week in Review: Week 10


Things have finally settled down. Order has been restored. Up is up and down is down again. This is probably how things will remain the rest of the year.

In all seriousness, the Micahleks somehow have three of the league's top twelve scorers: Brad Richards (6th), Ryan Getzlaf (10th) and Matt Duchene (11th). But the best week belonged to the Dicklas Lidstroms, who made a push to reach 7th place, their highest ranking of the season to date (at least on a Sunday). The Dicklas wonders were led by Henrik Lundqvist and the surprising Rangers, as well as red-hot Ryan Kesler.

They only two players with more fantasy points than Lundqvist are the Shizzarks' Carey Price with 56 and the Preydators' Sidney Crosby, riding a 20-game point streak to 54 points. Much like Crosby's real life team, his fantasy team is not giving him a lot of support. He has more than double the points of the next best skaters, Mike Cammalleri and Dan Cleary.

A number of trade rumors are going around the league. I won't mention any names but apparently one team has been aggressively, and sometimes humourously, shopping around a defenceman who had 11 points in his first seven games (then six in his last 21). A number of other trades have been discussed but I think people hesitate to do anything that could eventually invite merciless ripping from their peers. And there has been plenty of ripping over the two trades conducted to date. Including the observation that, had the Schizzarks kept the Moilers' Kevin Shattenkirk instead of picking up Matt Taormina, they would be leading the league right now.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to toot my own horn and point out that 10 days ago I was in 13th place, and yesterday I was 2 points out of first place.

    I wasn't lying when I said this game is hard on the old ticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've been the most up and down of anyone, Greg. I'm working on a post that will prove or disprove that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typically would not post transaction details but I think Mr. Steve Dickie has fallen on his head or believes that I have...

    Phaneuf and Ribeiro for Vanek and Whitney.... I know I'm a Leafs fan but still... seriously Dickie.

    And yes Wiz has cooled off and yes I shopped him around but mainly because my injury riddled lineup is need of some offense to keep pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree that there needs to be more incentive to trade. Its a shame that Roos isn't having a firesale - Yandle or Semin would look great on my roster.

    ReplyDelete