Sunday, November 14, 2010

KL Week in Review: Week 5


Last week 51 points separated 1st and last. The gap shrunk to just 42 points this week. The Manitoba Roos can take credit for most of that after their biggest week ever: 40 points, including eight from Alexander Semin and four each from defenceman Yandle and Timonen. Anytime your top four defencemen combine for 13 points, it's a good week. And just like that, the Roos are back in contention.

Less dramatically because he is in second place, Wittman had the biggest week with 43 points, including ten combined from Canadiens Spacek and Plekanec.

The Carmada had the worst week, netting just 19 points and dropping from 3rd to 9th place, despite Drew Doughty's return from a concussion. The Islanders are absolutely terrible, something Fy points out Micah should have taken under advisement when drafting three Islander forwards. Teehan shares the pain - second round pick John Tavares has just 10 points.

The Dicklas Lidstroms also had a poor week as Lundqvist started just one of the Rangers three games (a loss) and Chicago continued to struggle with Kane and Toews held off the scoresheet.

Inexplicably, Andrew Ference and the Preydators are now in 8th place. I've contacted the admins at pickuphockey to double check this.

6 comments:

  1. I had an almost equally hideous week, Micah. Also, it is worth noting that the St. Jewish Blues, who are already running away with this, are welcoming back their second round pick, Marion Gaborik, who had four points in his first game back against the Oilers. Granted, it's likely only another week or two until he injures himself, but it's impressive that the Blues are dominating with virtually no impact from their second round pick.

    Hopefully the Devils can actually get some wins for Brodeur and maybe even a shutout or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's early Josh will come back down to Earth as Halak falls off cloud 9...

    When someone can have a 40+ week and a <20 week I'd say that no one is out of it yet... That being said when Steve Downie is 3rd on your team in points you have an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the dreadful punctuation and Steve Downie jab, I can only assume "Anonymous" is noted premature gloater, perpetually disapointed Leaf fan and Clarke MacArthur enthusiast, Fy Virani.

    Don't get too far ahead of yourself; I don't want to see a repeat of the humbling you brought upon yourself at the Podium sports bar last year. You're only 25 points ahead of me and the gap has steadily shrunk over the last few weeks. Kovulchuck has nowhere to go but up (literally, he could not possibly get any worse). If I'd had a goalie with a single win before last week I'd be hot on your heels.

    Now see what you did? You forced me to go get a GMail account. Watch your back.

    P.S. Steve Downie is locked into a cozy 13th place in my team scoring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fy,

    Even if you aren't "Anonymous", please don't disregard my previous post. It would give me great pleasure to rise from the dregs of this pool to beat you.

    Have a good day!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that was Fy.

    But I'm glad, Nick, that you've finally accepted 2002 with open arms and acquired a gmail account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha it really wasn't me - I log in when I post... and I would've checked to see where Downie actually was in Roos's lineup...

    Keep bashing Clarke McArthur - his 8 points from late October onwards make picks like Downie look ridiculous. I'll also take McArthur over Okposo, Comeau, or Bailey...

    You complain about Kovluchuk Nick but my #2 and #3 picks (Vinny + Fleury) don't even factor into my scoring and I still sit a mere 16 points out of first place. I think beating Moira is much more plausible goal for you there buddy - but I don't really pay attention to anyone lower than 10th - just not worth my time.

    ReplyDelete