Saturday, January 15, 2011

Transactions

1/14/2011 TRADE

To the Powder Rangers:
F Evander Kane
D Jaro Spacek
F Peter Mueller
The Wittmen's 2011 3rd Round Pick


To the Wittmen:
F Johan Franzen
D Chris Pronger
F Brendan Morrison

Analysis: This brings the total number of players traded this week to twenty. Panic has set in. Everyone seems to have decided (too early in my opinion) whether they are a buyer or a seller this year. I would like to remind everyone that the trade deadline is more than a month away, and a lot of thing will change between now and then.


Powder is waving the white flag, but just made some very smart moves. He picks up two injured guys with very high potential, and a third round pick (because having his own and mine wasn't enough). I'd have to call him the early favourite for 2011. 
Stefan, I don't know how to put this.... I kind of hope you win this year because afterward I don't think you'll be winning for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe too early, but let's face it, my team is terrible at the bottom, and it's those bottom 2 D and 4 forwards on your scoring roster that are helping others pull away.

    I think the real takeaway from the trades this week is that already 3 GMs in our league have more courage than all of the Leafs GMs for the past decade.

    ReplyDelete