Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Transactions

01/10/2011 TRADE

Winter Claassics to Fylanders:
D Shea Weber
D Zdeno Chara
F Matt D'Agostini (in lieu of Kristian Huselius)
F Mike Knuble

Fylanders to Winter Claassics:
D Michael Del Zotto
D Ryan Whitney
F Brandon Dubinsky
F Chris Kunitz

Analysis: The Winter Claassics continue to shake things up and look to rebuild for next year. There is a lot going on here. Possibly too much for me to comprehend. I think on defence, Fy benefits immediately because Ryan Whitney is out indefinitely. Claassen gets younger and, although Chara and Weber are big names, possibly better in terms of future point potential.

In terms of forwards, Claassen ditches some dead weight in Knuble and improves his outlook with Dubinsky. Other than that... shuffling the deck? Sending a message? Help me out boys.
 

3 comments:

  1. Add my second rounder to Dave.

    I think I immediately get better.... Del Zotto is in the minors and Whitney is likely done for the year. So two SR Dmen that are getting no points was a big disadvantage.

    Chara + Weber are huge improvements. Although Whitney might be the best point producer in the future.

    I had to give something up after getting those two Dmen for two guys who may not play again this year.

    Dubinsky (17th round pick) has had a breakout year (which I'm hoping is a fluke)... in return I get Knuble (who has been very quiet) don't be surprised if these two have the same amount of points the rest of the way.

    D'agostini for Kunitz means basically nothing for me. With Vinny and Hossa not on my SR yet I imagine Kunitz will fall back. Who knows how long Crosby will be hurt, which will cripple Kunitz production.

    Dubinsky was probably not going to be a keeper on my roster. Considering my offensive depth I was able to make this move.

    Dave cons me into giving up my 2nd round pick. But my late drafting is so superior that I'm not very worried. Claasen might get a gem in Whitney, gets a solid player in Dubinsky (who he probably will keep)... With this trade he's clearly packed it in for this season.

    Let the comeback begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally missed that second round pick in the email. Got it now.

    I like this trade for both of you. Win win. Congrats guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have officially packed it in for this season and pretty much everyone on my roster is for sale if the price is right. The second round pick was an important part of the deal for sure, and the real key was Dubinksy - who I am hoping will project into a Kesler-like offensive force over the next several years. My team was extremely low on potential, and so I wanted to rectify that. I basically hope that Whitney can stay healthy and while certainly not as good a hockey player as Weber, could be a better point producer.

    Huselius for Kunitz was nothing, I just like trading guys.

    ReplyDelete