Sunday, January 16, 2011

KL Week in Review: Week 14


Instead of the usual bullshit about which teams and players were hot last week, I thought I would discuss which teams are buyers and which are sellers.

In the wake of a week that saw twenty players moved in trades, a few teams have made their priorities clear. The Claassics have moved five players, getting younger and hopefully better for next year. The Dicklas Lidstroms have thrown in the towel and traded for picks. The Powder Rangers admit to being finished, although with Evander Kane returning to the lineup already, they may not be as done as they thought. The Roos know they are done but have so far refused to make any trades to better their position for next year, despite offers being made. Same goes for the Moilers - not biting. Not that I am bitter or anything. The Preydators - has anyone heard from their GM recently? They still have two free agent pickups left.

The buyers are equally known: the darkhorse Teeyotes, the Wittmen and the Fylanders have all made it clear they want the money this year.

Less clear are the intentions of the Schizzarks, Micahleks, Mackhawks, Krugars (notably MIA from a managerial perspective this season), Blues and Flyers. By February 28, it should be very obvious.

2 comments:

  1. For the record, I have zero idea where I'm at. Datsyuk being hurt and Ovechkin scoring at the same rate as Ryan Kesler is killing me.

    I'm still a buyer, but if anyone wants to make a compelling offer for ANYONE on my roster, I could easily be convinced to become a seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outside of Hossa and Hejduk (who I'm not sure I'll keep) my 10 keepers are all about 20-27....

    I just hope I'm the Detroit Red Wings of this pool instead of the Vancouver Canucks.

    ReplyDelete